- 2011: Doctorate, Food Biotechnology, Boku University, Vienna, Austria
- 2006: Master of Science, Food Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- 2003: Engineer, Food Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- 2011-nay: Lecturer, Head of laboratory of Downstream processing, Center for Research and Development in Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology and Food Technology, Hanoi University of Sciecne and Technology
- 2003-2011: Lecturer, Department of Food Technology, School of Biotechnology and Food Technology, Hanoi University of Sciecne and Technology
- BF5220: Malt and brewing Technology
- BF5681: Genetically modified food
- BF5020: Building Project for enterprise
- BF3121: Process and equipments in biotechnology
- Isolation and application of beneficial Lactic acid bacteria in food technology and Biotechnology
- Expression system in Lactobacillus
- Downstream processing
- High performance liquid chromatography
- 2012-2014: Immobilization of recombinant β-galactosidase from Lactobacillus reuteri L103 by using chitin binding domain on chitin material and application for galacto-oligosaccharide from lactose (Nafosted), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- 2013: Investigation of harvesting methods for starch accumulating microalgae, applying for biofuel, Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- 2006. Application of nisin in beverage preservation. Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- 2014-2016: Valorization of ethanol plants’ by-products for the production of high quality animal feeding (Collaborative project between Vietnam and Romania), Ministry of Science and Technology
- 2014 -2015. Production of Pectic oligosaccharide using enzyme, application in functional food. Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- 2013-2014: Simultaneous liquefaction, saccharification and fermentation (SLSF) for ethanol production from rice, Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam.
Books and book chapters
- Nguyen Thi Hien et al. Science and Technology of Malting and brewing, Science and Technics Publishing House, 2004
- Pham, Lan & Tran, Anh-Minh & Kittibunchakul, Suwapat & Nguyen, Tien-Thanh & Mathiesen, Geir & Nguyen, Thu-Ha. (2019). Immobilization of β-Galactosidases on the Lactobacillus Cell Surface Using the Peptidoglycan-Binding Motif LysM. Catalysts. 9. 443. 10.3390/catal9050443.
- Hai Anh Vu, Manh Ha Nguyen, Hong-An Vu-Thi, Quan Do-Hong, Xuan Hoang Dang, Thi Ngoc Bich Nguyen, Hong Quan Trinh, Thuy Ly Bich, Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Dung Le-Van, Minh Binh Tu, Dinh Binh Chu. Speciation Analysis of Arsenic Compounds by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography in combination with Inductively Coupled Plasma Dynamic Reaction Cell Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry: Application for Vietnamese Rice Samples. Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry, Volume 2019, Article ID 5924942, 10 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/5924942
Pham ML, Leister T, Nguyen HA, Do BC, Pham AT, Haltrich D, Yamabhai M, Nguyen TH, Nguyen TT, 2017. Immobilization of β-Galactosidases from Lactobacillus on Chitin Using a Chitin-Binding Domain. J Agric Food Chem., 65 (14), pp 2965–2976.
- Chu-Ky Son, Pham Phu Lam, Nguyen Tien Thanh, Tran Thi Lan, Tran Hau Cuong and Le Thanh Mai, 2016. Impacts of liquefaction time and enzymes on ethanol yield of very high gravity process for beverage ethanol production. Tạp chí Khoa học và Công nghệ, 54 (4A) 242-249.
- Đỗ Khắc Uẩn và Nguyễn Tiến Thành, 2016. Đánh giá ảnh hưởng của cường độ sục khí của quá trình thu hồi vi tảo bằng kĩ thuật lọc màng. Tạp chí Khoa học và Công nghệ, 54 (4A).
- Nguyen Thi Kim Dung, Vu Kim Dung , Chu Thi Thuy Trang, Hoang Van Anh, Nguyen Tien Thanh, Nguyen Thi Xuan Sam, 2016. Recovery of pectic oligosaccharide (POS) from pectin hydolysate for the manufacture of funtional foods. Tạp chí Khoa học và Công nghệ 54 (4A).
- Chu-Ky, S.; Pham, T.-H.; Bui, K.-L. T.; Nguyen, T.-T.; Pham, K.-D.; Nguyen, H.-D. T.; Luong, H.-N.; Tu, V.-P.; Nguyen, T.-H.; Ho, P.-H.; Le, T.-M., Simultaneous liquefaction, saccharification and fermentation at very high gravity of rice at pilot scale for potable ethanol production and distillers dried grains composition. Food and Bioproducts Processing 2016, 98, 79-85.
- Nguyen TT, Nguyen HM, Geiger B, Mathiesen G, Eijsink VG, Peterbauer CK, Haltrich D, Nguyen TH. Heterologous expression of a recombinant lactobacillal β-galactosidase in Lactobacillus plantarum: effect of different parameters on the sakacin P-based expression system. Microb Cell Fact. 2015, 14 (1):30
- Nguyen TT, Mathiesen G, Fredriksen L, Kittl R, Nguyen TH, Eijsink VG, Haltrich D, Peterbauer CK. A Food-Grade System for Inducible Gene Expression in Lactobacillus plantarum Using an Alanine Racemase-Encoding Selection Marker. J Agric Food Chem 2011, 59 (10): 5617-5624.
- Iqbal S, Nguyen TH, Nguyen TT, Maischberger T, Haltrich D: b-Galactosidase from Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1: biochemical characterization and formation of prebiotic galacto-oligosaccharides. Carbohydr Res, 345(10): 1408-1416.
- Spadiut O, Nguyen TT, Haltrich D: Thermostable variants of pyranose 2-oxidase showing altered substrate selectivity for glucose and galactose. J Agric Food Chem, 58(6): 3465-3471.
- Iqbal S, Nguyen TH, Nguyen HA, Nguyen TT, Maischberger T, Kittl R, Haltrich D: Characterization of a Heterodimeric GH2 beta-Galactosidase from Lactobacillus sakei Lb790 and Formation of Prebiotic Galacto-oligosaccharides. J Agric Food Chem 2011, 59(8): 3803- 3811.
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Thu-Ha Nguyen, Thomas Maischberger, Geir Mathiesen, Vincent G. H. Eijsink, Dietmar Haltrich, Clemens K. Peterbauer. Quantitative transcript analysis of the inducible expression system pSIP: comparison of the overexpression of Lactobacillus spp. β - galactosidases in Lactobacillus plantarum. Microbial Cell Factories 2011, 10:46.
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Hoang Anh Nguyen, Sheryl Lozel Arreola, Georg Mlynek, Kristina Djinovic-Carugo, G. Mathiesen, Thu-Ha Nguyen, and Dietmar Haltrich. Homodimeric β- galactosidase from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus DSM 20081: expression in Lactobacillus plantarum and biochemical characterization, Publication Date (Web): January 27, 2012 (Article), DOI: 10.1021/jf203909e
- Hoang Anh Nguyen, Thu-Ha Nguyen, Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Clemens K Peterbauer, Geir Mathiesen, Dietmar Haltrich. Chitinase from Bacillus licheniformis DSM13: Expression in Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1 and biochemical characterization, Protein expression and purification, 02/2012
- Kaswurm V, Nguyen TT, Maschberger T, Kulbe KD, Michlmayr H.. Evaluation of the food grade expression systems NICE and pSIP for the production of 2,5-diketo-D-gluconic acid reductase from Corynebacterium glutamicum, AMB Express. 2013 Jan 28;3(1):7. doi: 10.1186/2191-0855- 3-7.
- Nguyen Tien Thanh, Le Thanh Mai, Le Thanh Binh. A model for enhance inhibition activity of nisin to Gram negative bacteria. Journal of Science and Technology, 45 (6), 2007, pp: 205-210.
- Hoa Thị Minh Tú, Nguyễn Tiến Thành, Lê Thanh Mai, Lê Thanh Bình. Fermentation controlled for increasing nisin biosynthesis in Lactococcus lactis. Journal of Science and Technology, 45 (4), 2007, pp: 81-87 (in vietnamsese)
- Bui Dinh Long*, Chu Thi Chuc, Nguyen Tien Thanh, Trinh Xuan Anh, Hoang Minh Tien, Nguyen Lan Huong. Extraction and Characterization of Exopolysaccharides from Azotobacter Chroococum AT19. Journal of Science and Technology, 99, 2013
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Hoang Anh Nguyen, Thu-Ha Nguyen, Dietmar Haltrich, 2016. Sakacin-based expression vectors for Lactobacillus cell factories. Proceeding of conference: innovation of food engineering and bioengineering: from research to industry Hanoi Oct. 2016.
- Pham Kim Dang, Tran Hiep, Nguyen Thi Vinh, Nguyen Tien Thanh, Chu Ky Son, Effect of cassava dried distillers grains from ethanol production on performance of growing pig. International conference on Agricultural Development in the context of International Intergration: Opportunities and Challenges (ICOAD2016), December 7-8, 2016, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Nguyễn Tiến Thành, Đặng Thị Kiều Trang, Alexie Barey, Phạm Mai Lan, Nguyễn Thị Hiền. Optimizing the fermentation of the recombinant beta-galactosidase from Lactobacillus reuteri in Lactobacillus plantarum WCFS1. Proceeding of National Biotecnology Conference, Hanoi, 2013 (in vietnamese).
- Chu-Ky Son, Nguyen Tien Thanh, Le Thanh Mai and Vu Hong Thang. 2012. Biobutanol production via Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol (ABE) fermentation of cassava chips by Clostridium Saccharoperbutylacetonicum DSM 14923. The 6th International Conference on Starch Technology, February 13-14, 2012, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen, Thu-Hà Nguyen, Dietmar Haltrich, Vincent Eijsink. Over-production and characterization of recombinant β-galactosidases from Lactobacillus bulgaricus in L.plantarum using inducible pSip expression system. COST928 annual meeting, Sep.2009, Krakow, Poland (poster presentation
- Tien Thanh Nguyen, Thu Ha Nguyen, Dietmar Haltrich. Application of intein and chitin binding domain for improvement of purification and immobilization of β-galactosidases from Lactobacillus reuteri. COST928 annual meeting, Mar.2010, Naples, Italia (oral presentation)
- Tien-Thanh Nguyen. Sakacin A/P: from genome to expression vectors. The 4th AUN/SEED-Net Regional Conference on Biotechnology, Jan. 2012, Bangkok, Thailand (oral presentation)
- Tien Thanh NGUYEN, Anh Tuan NGUYEN, Thanh Mai LE, Thanh Binh LE, 2005. Synergistic effect of nisin and cold shock, heat treatment and chelators on E. coli K12TG1. The proceedings of 12th Regional symposium on chemical engineering (RSCE) 2005, Vo.1, p.267 – 271, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Dinh Phong PHAM, Tien Thanh NGUYEN, Thanh Mai LE, Thanh Binh LE, 2006. Research on some factors effecting to the absorption of nisin on the cell surface of nisin – producing lactic bacteria. Proceedings of the 20th scientific conference Hanoi University of Technology, section of Biological and Food technology, p.195-198, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Thuy Trang NGUYEN, Mai Huong LE, Tien Thanh NGUYEN, Thanh Mai LE, Thanh Binh LE, 2006. The effect of cold shock and temperature on the sensitivity to nisin of Escherichia coli. Proceedings of the 20th scientific conference Hanoi University of Technology, section of Biological and Food technology, p.289-292, Hanoi, Vietnam.