Introduction about the AUN-QA Criteria
INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE AUN - QA CRITERIAAUN (ASEAN University Network) was established in 1995 by the Ministers of Education and the Rector of the University of leading Southeast Asia. For purposes: promote collaboration and enhance the quality of training and research among universities in the region and is the focal point for coordination of activities to accomplish the task of building standards and quality of education identify measures of continuous improvement of quality of universities in Southeast Asia.
Currently, there are 30 AUN core member universities and 88 AUN-QA associate members of 10 countries in the region. In particular, Vietnam has 36 AUN-QA member universities.
ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance (AUN-QA) network is a group of Chief Quality Officers (CQOs) appointed by the AUN member universities as the focal point for coordinating activities to realise the mission of harmonising educational standards and seeking continuous improvement of academic quality of universities in ASEAN.
The AUN-QA activities are carried out by the CQOs in accordance to the Bangkok Accord adopted in 2000, which provides a series of guidelines to promote the development of a quality assurance system as instruments for maintaining, improving and enhancing teaching, research and the overall academic standards of AUN member universities.
2 Programme Specification
3 Programme Structure and Content
4 Teaching and Learning approach
5 Student Assessment
6 Academic Staff Quality
7 Support Staff Quality
8 Student Quality and Support
9 Facilities and Infrastructure
10 Quality Enhancement
(2) Self - assessment;
(3) External assessment.
2= this subject is in the planning stage
3= documents available, but no clear evidence that they are used
4= documents available and evidence that they are used
5= clear evidence on the efficiency of the aspect
6= example of best practices
7= excellent (world-class or leading practices)
- Benefits for students: Receive a quality programme that satisfies requirements of professional organizations. The programmes that are assessed by AUN-QA must be continuously improved based on the feedback from industries, alumni. Have more opportunities to develop their personal careers after graduation. Student exchanges among assessed programs are made easily around in the region of ASEAN.
- Benefits for the employers/ Entrepreneurs: employers have the opportunity to use higher quality human resources in order to meet the requirements of company in particular and the labor market in general.
- Benefits for universities: When an educational program is granted AUN-QA assessment that means: The quality of the programme is globally recognized. The academic unit in charge of the program (Faculty/ Department) has been working hard to deliver best teaching practices to help students achieve necessary knowledge and skills for their future careers. Faculty members have to participate in self-evaluation processes to continuously improve teaching quality. The quality of students’ achievements is the primary measurement of the quality of teaching activities in this education program.
- Benefits for strengthen higher education cooperation among AUN member universities, partner HEIs, industry consortium.
ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION PROGRAMMES AT HUSTAlong with the formation of the ASEAN Economic Community, HUST has been a member of ASEAN University Network (AUN) since November, 2015. With a vision to be one of the leading research university rooted in the technical and technological fields in Southeast Asia; HUST always sets quality as the top priority in all activities and attaches great importance to quality assessment at both the institutional level and programme level under Vietnamese National standards and AUN-QA standards of ASEAN.
|The programmes assessed by AUN-QA
(2013 – 2017)
|04 programmes are preparing SAR and will be assessed in June 2019|
|1) Advanced programme of Mechatronics Enginneering
(2) Advanced programme of Material Science and Engineering
(3) Advanced programme of Biological Engineering
(4) Mechatronics Engineering
(5) Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
(6) Material Engineering
(7) Chemical Engineering
- Business comments and alumni comments(16/05/2016)
- WFP - International Professionals(12/01/2016)
- Cập nhật thông tin: Hội nghị Khoa học (07/11/2015)
- Thông báo về việc giao đề tài luận văn thạc sĩ khóa 2014B(15/10/2014)
- Seminar định kỳ của Viện Công nghệ Sinh học và Công nghệ Thực phẩm(19/09/2014)
- Tuần Sinh hoạt Công dân năm học 2014 – 2015(30/09/2014)
- Triển lãm “Đổi mới sáng tạo hướng tới người thu nhập thấp”(26/11/2014)
- Tổ chức Seminar khoa học(12/09/2014)
- International Workshop “Exploring Biodiversity for Sustainable Development in South East Asia 2014” (EBSEA 2014)(20/09/2014)
- Trường Công nghệ sinh học & Công nghệ thực phẩm tổ chức đánh giá thị hiếu cho các dự án nghiên cứu của Dự án châu Âu(26/01/2014)