Elitech Food Engineering Program is one of the ELITECH undergraduate programs offered by Hanoi University of Science and Technology, starting from the school year 2017-2018. The objective of the Elitech Food Engineering Program curriculum is to provide students with fundamental knowledge on science and technology of food processing in the Industrial Revolution 4.0 era and prepares students for positions as engineers, experts, and managers in research, industry, and government. In the Elitech Food Engineering program, students will be:
- Taking courses delivered by distinguished lecturers in English in small classes;
- Encouraged to participate in research in interdisciplinary research groups from the beginning of their studies at the university;
- Encouraged to solve practical problems in the industry during their studies at the university.
1. Number of students
|Year of Enrollment||Cohort||Number of Enrollments|
Admission Code: BF-E12
2. Program curriculum
- The Elitech Food Engineering program curriculum was designed based partly on curricula of various Food Engineering undergraduate programs in European countries while promoting the strengths of the existing undergraduate program in Food Engineering offered by the School of Biotechnology and Food Technology.
- Elitech Food Engineering Curriculum – (updating)
3. About the program
- The integrated bachelor-master program prepares students for positions in the Vietnamese as well as the global food sector;
- The program is designed based partly on Food Engineering undergraduate programs at world-leading universities in the field of Food Science and Technology in Europe (Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, France) and Asia (Korea, Japan). The curriculum provides students with an interdisciplinary and in-depth understanding of food technology, food processing equipment, and quality control and management;
- Students will study, practice, and participate in scientific research in well-equipped laboratories in the field of food technology. Students will have opportunities to experience the production environment of food enterprises as well as internships at famous universities in Europe (Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, France) and Asia (Korea, Japan);
- Students will be encouraged to develop and perfect “soft” skills such as technical presentation and communication, teamwork, and working in an international environment. They will have opportunities to interact with exchange students, professors, and experts from developed countries all over the world such as Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, etc.
- Working in the domestic, joint venture, and FDI enterprises in positions of research and development of technology and processing equipment for the production of food products, designing, operating, and controlling production lines, quality control and management in the food industry;
- Consulting, investment, and technology transfer in the food industry;
- Working for government agencies and international organizations;
- Participating in teaching and research at universities, colleges, and research institutes in food technology;
- Having opportunities to work in large domestic and international enterprises or receiving a scholarship to continue graduate study in food technology abroad.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Internship and exchange program scholarship for undergraduate and graduate students in world-leading universities and the food industry in Europe (Belgium, the Netherlands, France) and Asia (Korea, Japan);
- Talent scholarships and research scholarships from Hanoi University of Science and Technology. Financial aid for underprivileged students awarded by alumni/lecturers in the School of Biotechnology and Food Technology;
- Graduate scholarships are awarded to students who are eligible to transfer to their graduate program (Master and Ph.D. programs) at Hanoi University of Science and Technology as well as at partner universities in Europe (Belgium, the Netherlands, France) and Asia (Japan, Korea).
4. Apply for the Elitech Food Engineering Program
- Applicants who apply to the Elitech Food Engineering Program should learn the admission requirements and follow the instructions by Hanoi University of Science and Technology. Students who are proficient in English will have the advantage in studying. Freshmen students who score 6.0 or higher on the IELTS exam can take courses assigned for students in the sophomore year. Students with limited English proficiency will need to take intensive English courses during the first year of study.
- The tuition rate of the Elitech Food Engineering Program is higher than that of the Food Engineering program, following the regulations of Hanoi University of Science and Technology.