School of Biotechnology and Food Technology involve actively to the contribution and implementation in Research programmes at National, Ministry, Province level and Research funds.
Our research focuses on 02/04 priority research areas of Hanoi University of Science and Technology:
1. Science and Technology for Health :
– Developing enzyme technology and microbiological technology to create bioactive substances to enhance human health and production:
- Exploit bioactive compounds and applications in functional foods and pharmaceuticals;
- Study on enzymes, recombinant enzymes and enzymatic techniques applied in food and pharmaceutical industries;
- Research and application of probiotic bacteria, prebiotics in food and animal feed.
– Research and development of cell technology, molecular analysis and diagnosis:
- Study and develop mammalian cell technology and products from animal cells applied in medicine and pharmaceuticals;
- Develop analytical techniques and rapid diagnosis of diseases and pathogens;
- Develop techniques for rapid analysis of toxins, pesticide residues.
– Research and application of advanced technology and equipment in analysis, preservation and post-harvest processing to improve quality and food safety:
- Research and application of advanced technology and equipment in analysis, preservation and post-harvest processing.
– Quality management and food safety
2. Sustainable Energy and Environment :
– Develop equipment and technology to treat environmental wastewater and organic residues by microbiological technology ;
– Study on effective use of agricultural by-products, post-harvest and food industry to ensure sustainable development ;
– Study on biofuel production technology.